Engineering Team Lead (EMEA)
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European / African timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful engineering Team Leads who are passionate about building great products, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
- Actively contribute to the codebase and manage a cross-functional team of frontend and backend engineers.
- Help deliver your team’s projects, through creating a framework of accountability and continuously optimizing your team’s performance.
- Help the team plan and execute work pragmatically by breaking down big projects to deliver value at the earliest opportunity. Go above and beyond to motivate your team to ensure it provides good work on time.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Coach, mentor, and further grow and develop engineers on your team, within an open and inclusive environment. Conduct recurring 1:1s with all team members with a focus on supporting, developing and helping unblock them.
- Be open and empathetic with continuous feedback to your team, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Collaborate with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to your Director of Engineering and collaborate with them on hiring and capacity planning.
- 5+ years working in software development and 1+ year(s) managing at least one inclusive, cross-functional team in an agile environment (3 to 5 engineers).
- Strong development experience using Python or a frontend framework such as Angular or React.
- Logical engineer who avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
- Experience with unit, integration, functional testing, continuous integration, and Test-driven Development.
- Naturally empathetic working style with team members.
- Your workload is guided by business data and metrics.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
What we offer:
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively enhance people’s experience online.
- A healthy work-life balance built into our core values.
- 40 days of paid leave (including public holidays)
- Annual learning and development budget of €1,000, Wellbeing Allowance of €200/month, Annual Holiday budget of €2,000
- And several additional perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, workspace allowance, paid sick leave and much more)
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, the UK and Germany. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.