Senior Business Intelligence Lead (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to our CPTO, as a Senior Business Intelligence Lead at Hotjar you’ll lead a team responsible for building end to end analytic solutions that guide our business decisions.
You have a broad technical background in data analytics, strong business acumen, and a high degree of ownership. You'll be comfortable discussing analysis in non-technical terms to senior management and other team members.
- Hire and lead an impactful, diverse and inclusive team of Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers, including leading Leads within the BI team.
- Engage with leadership, product managers, and diversified partner groups to understand their data needs and recommend business intelligence solutions.
- Enable our Data Engineers to extend our data warehouse based on the data models that the team should use to allow analytical capabilities.
- Design, implement, and support platforms that provide teams ad-hoc access to large datasets (e.g. data visualization tools for non-tech team member users).
- Own the development of ongoing business performance metrics, analyses, dashboards to help drive important business decisions.
- Standardize data and report usage across teams.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Develop new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
- Work with product development teams to allow the appropriate capture and storage of essential data points.
- Share insights to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Experience in hiring, coaching and leading an impactful, inclusive team including both technical and business functions.
- Deep knowledge in both technical and business areas to work with all levels and disciplines within Hotjar.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, ETL management, data modelling, and working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience with statistical modelling and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience managing a project backlog.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €95,000 to €120,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.